Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Thanksgiving post!

Well it has been sometime! I guess the attempt to start a blog mid season while learning the ropes of managing 3 acres and managing employees is a little more time consuming. But I am here and THANKFUL for A LOT!!!

Considering it is Thanksgiving it is only right to give thanks & gratitude to the things in my life I feel fortunate for daily. And there is the harvest, another historic component in celebrating this day! And well I will admit a lot of my giving thanks this year is to the harvest, to the wonders that Mother Earth has to offer.


I give thanks into being able to dig my hands in this beautiful earth
and through a little manipulation...

and planting the seed...thousands of seeds
....(take note of the shed where I store/d everything except the tractor)

... and spreading the word...
..providing a little TLC...


...there is REAL food that all can enjoy!

...and now I am thankful for the warmth that a little plastic over the heads of some veggies can do in the winter (greenhouses!). Recently I have been staying busy with not only weekend harvests (as our Market stand is still open Friday-Sunday) I have been packing up CSA boxes. Next Tuesday will be the last day for Winter CSA pickup. This year was the first year the farm has provided veggies this late into the season, and I am afraid to say it has been great (this may be the last year of my winter vacation months).

And..look at that wonderful shed!! Guy and the crew built that last week right in time before the winter weather! The tractor...along with all the other tools now have a space to spread out. (thanks for that guys!)
...of course life on a farm ain't right without a farm cat, Mac is his name. He will love anyone that walks next to him sometimes surprising you with a giant leap from the ground up to your shoulders just to have a little snuggle. He has been my number 1 snuggler. I find myself in these short days of not as many tasks at hand, just sitting down to give him a little cuddling in return! (ya all will be happy to know he just got a kittie door put into the shop so he won't be homeless once I leave next week!)


...to my family. I love ya all and thanks for making numerous visits to the farm...(Mom and Trevor, both much thanks for your visits as well...no photos)

Can't forget being thankful for all my lovely friends that surround me in my thoughts day in and day out no matter the distance! Congrats Afton and Steve, what a beautiful day it was! (Thanks to the Universal Life Church for allowing me to be part of such a special time)

Liz..Thanks for your journey out here and the wonderful balance you brought to my hectic summer life. Everyone still talks about the evening yoga class near the waterfall! Ryan...Thanks for your few visits, you learned to stay clear as time went on or else you would be put to work : ) ...Have I told you all that I have learned how to delegate?!
And next...well I will be back in Chelan come February but for now I am off to hang out with this little rascal down in Portland for three weeks while TnT go to work! Do you think that I will have my hands full? (thanks for the photo TnT)

...I look forward to seeing all you folks back in Wisconsin, I will be back Christmas eve through the New Year.

1 comment: